Friday, September 07, 2012

Lemon Lotus original mixed media painting by Polly Jones

Lemon Lotus by Polly Jones
8" square painting and collage on wooden panel.  SOLD.  I was really focusing on texture in this one and the surface is pretty interesting.  However, it didn't turn out how I had intended.  Every painting has a mind of it's own.  The plan was to use all warm colors except for the lotus bowl.  This desire came out of a wish for fall that was inspired by a week in which we have had temperatures over 100.  Every day.  Apparently I am at the mercy of using blue!  In fact, I just finished painting our dining room a turquoise color. 

2 comments:

artslice said...

The lemons are lovely! Painting is kind of like life that way... it doesen't always work out the way you planned, but sometimes it can be better than you imagined :)

Polly Jones said...

Thanks Amanda! You're so right about serendipity, and when I follow my plans too closely it can get kind of boring.