Friday, December 12, 2008

Progress Photo on Tile painting commission


Here is an update to show where I'm at with my tile painting. I am using Porcelaine, a special paint made for use on china and tile. It promises to be durable and even dishwasher proof after you bake it in the oven. I have had to do a bit of experimenting to get the "feel" of the paint as it handles quite differently than any other paint I have used. You have to be careful about dragging back through almost dry areas with the paint brush or it will pick up paint and leave a terrible mess. Fortunately, it's easy to wash off the paint and start all over again.

3 comments:

BriteCloud said...

That is just beautiful!!!

Love ya,
Rhonda

Debbie Turner Chavers said...

Polly,
Your work is vibrant and fun. I would say a smile maker. Hope you are doing well in this new year.

Debbie Chavers

Polly Jones said...

Thanks so much to the both of you!!