Friday, February 28, 2014

A present and Daffodils in Light and Shadow

Daffodils in Light and Shadow by Polly Jones
I'm so excited each year when our daffodils bloom! These are from the back yard and they are so sweet and heartening. In Texas we have days that feel like spring mixed in with extreme cold. They are like the light and shadow playing around on this still life.

12" by 12" acrylic mixed media painting on canvas. Sold

Add caption
The brushes above are a present my husband brought back from a conference.  He knows me well. I hadn't really bought new ones in a while and had forgotten how much of a difference a new brush makes.  They spring back on the surface and leave a different type of mark. Hopefully I'll take care of them better than I normally do:)

2 comments:

kath001 said...

Oh so gorgeous daffodils! Love the honey jar...you make the ordinary beautiful. :)

Polly Jones said...

Thank you Kathleen!!! Daffodils are so amazing in person, I wish I could truly translate them into paint.