Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Most Quiet Need original mixed media painting by Polly Jones
















18" by 24" acrylic and paper on canvas.  Sold

This painting is from the spring time when my irises were blooming. It wasn't quite finished and I already liked it a lot, which made me cautious about finishing. I really wanted to keep it fresh. It felt great to get back to the studio today. We had been on a lovely trip visiting family last week. The title comes from a line in the famous poem by Elizabeth Barrett Browning, "How Do I Count The Ways." I had randomly used a dictionary page that was about her and her husband Robert, also a poet.

3 comments:

Michelle Brunner said...

I love this painting Polly! Glad you are back in the studio:)

LindaHunt said...

Luscious! I have not been blogging as much lately and haven't commented, but, your last several paintings are gorgeous!!!

Polly Jones said...

Thank you so much Michelle and Linda!