Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Another blueberry painting and original mixed media "Imposter"


































































The top 8" mixed media painting is called "Imposter. I was really taken with this plastic lime container. It"s in Etsy here.

The next painting is a commission I did for someone who wanted a blueberry painting like I had in the show. This is the third one I've done. I enjoy the challenge of recreating the look of a painting. It causes me to study it and think about it in a new way. I don't do exact copies but set up the same still life again and see what happens. If you are interested in having me do a commission there's more information here.

Here's a shot of a grouping of 8" square pieces at the River Oaks show. Some sold and some are available at Etsy. You can see that "Imposter" looks a bit different here in the show...just couldn't leave it alone, had to incorporate that blue in there.

No comments: