Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Lemon Light with Blue Willow original still life painting

6 inch by 6 inch acrylic painting on gallery. SOLD

I was so happy painting this tea time setup. The late afternoon light was brilliant, coming through my windows at a slant. I've been working on larger, layered mixed media which takes a lot of energy, and which I enjoy in an entirely different way than doing the small ones. Today it felt great to simply look and paint, trying to catch the effects of light on simple objects.

2 comments:

Rinkly Rimes said...

I have just discovered your blog and I find your art-work delightful, though not an artist myself.Your paint has a lovely permanently-wet feel to it.

Polly Jones said...

Well, thanks for coming by! So glad you enjoy my work. I love your comment about permanently-wet. That is something I am definitely after but never thought of it in words.