Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Charting Zinnias original mixed media painting

16" by 20" mixed media and acrylic on gallery wrapped canvas, 3/4" profile, wired to hang. The painting extends around the edges and eliminates the need for a frame.

I love doing these mixed media paintings that allow me to explore subjects using layers and keeping interpretations ambiguous. Using printed matter from old books and papers broadens what I think about when I look at my work, gives more room for daydreaming. Daydreaming is highly underrated. SOLD

2 comments:

Lael Meidal said...

Polly, I feel like I've commented on your blog before, but it was likely a long time ago if it happened. I've at least looked at your Etsy shop a lot...anyway, I'm a student of your husband and greatly admire the work you do. I particularly love this piece! The blue and orange are beautiful compliments and, as always, your collage elements are very successfully incorporated.

Polly Jones said...

Well thank you Lael! I remember meeting you at an art show and also your great blog. The photographs are gorgeous. I may try those buckwheat cookies.