Wednesday, February 28, 2007

"Spring Branches" by Polly Jones, 12" by 12" oil on stretched canvas


These branches are from a flowering shrub in our yard. I'm not sure what they are. I want to paint some more of them but they are rapidly blooming and loosing my favorite stage of bud and bare branch. This is a 12" by 12" oil on canvas. I've actually repainted this some since this photograph and haven't really resolved it yet. More to come later, it may be "fall branches" by the time it's done.

2 comments:

J H said...

It's nice to see someone is having some spring! Those of us up north haven't been that lucky yet...I always enjoy coming to your site, I check it frequently. There are a few people up here that check it out too, I'm hoping to start a "Polly Jones Fan Club" in Maryland! :)

Polly Jones said...

Hey Jennifer--How good to hear from you! Thanks for your comment! Spring is not showing itself here today...especially at the early morning soccer game in the freezing West Texas wind. I was thinking of you just a few days ago when putting together a portfolio of works in which I included the one you bought.