Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Punch original mixed media painting by Polly Jones

Punch by Polly Jones
Here's a photo of the largest painting I have in our Terra Incognita exhibit.  It's 40" x 60"

My mother gave me this punch bowl that she's had for a very long time. Does anyone out there remember S&H Green Stamps?  This was bought with green stamps back in the day.  I had been meaning to paint the bowl for some time, but it seemed overwhelming.  It was just humming in the background until the day I noticed at the grocery store that a pineapple has a similar pattern to the cut glass pattern of the bowl. 


2 comments:

Agnes Elliza K. said...

oh, I love the idea here.
great job Polly, and colours you used are so alive.
Beautiful.
Agnes Elliza

Polly Jones said...

Thanks Agnes Elliza. It ended up being exhilarating to paint it.