Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Facing fears and Cactus in Flamingo Tin mixed media paintingFla

Cactus in Flamingo Tin by Polly Jones
I hope you are doing well. Just want to share how I have been facing some of my fears lately. Specifically, on Saturday I was invited to The Brownwood Arts Association about an hour and a half from where I live, to come talk about my art. Public speaking has been a terrifying prospect all of my life. Seriously, I'd rather have minor surgery. I am much more comfortable hiding out in the studio. However, I'm becoming less fearful in general... and the small group of people at the Art Center there was so lovely and welcoming that it was actually a fun experience. (for me)

I'll report back later to let you know if it was a fluke or not. In a couple of hours I'm going to The Center for Contemporary Arts to talk to the Junior League!

No comments: