Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Beginners Acrylic Workshop this Friday night at Michaels

11" by 14" acrylic painting by Polly Jones

What: Beginning Acrylics Floral Workshop
Dates: Friday, April 9th, 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm OR
Tuesday, April 13th, from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm.
Where: Michaels Arts and Crafts store in Abilene, TX
Sign up: Michaels phone number 325 692-3306
Cost: $45.00 for the two hour session, plus a supply kit to buy if you need materials.

Each workshop is two hours and you should have an 11" by 14" floral painting to take home.
Above is the painting example I did for what we will be completing during the workshop. I'll be teaching color mixing, how to holding your brush and using different sizes, and creating depth with layering dark to light colors. We will have a lot of fun! Contact me if you have any questions at pollyjonesart@gmail.com

1 comment:

Roxanne said...

Hi again Polly! So excited about your art workshop. I hope you will have a good response and enthusiastic students. I started teaching beginners last fall(twice a month) and I've learned a lot! Hopefully, they can say the same!

I'm painting tonight (in my studio) at Art Walk. Several weeks ago, I thought it would be fun to do a demo. as folks were wondering in and out. Now that the day is here I've got butterflies and I've wondering 'what in the world was I thinking'!:)

Hope to meet you soon.
Roxanne

ps Love the daffodils!...and everything else too!