Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Painting In Progress



Mixed Media Acrylic Painting in Progress by Polly Jones
24"x36" charcoal, paint, paper on canvas.  I thought I'd take process shots of a larger painting I've been working on.  The top picture shows the vine charcoal with which I draw out my composition. In order to keep the black in it from mixing with my paint later, I have to "fix" it by painting it with acrylic medium and letting it dry. I am working from life but just took a photograph of my still life set up to show you what I'm looking at.  The camera really sees things differently than the eye.


2 comments:

Christina said...

This is awesome! I love seeing how you work as an artist. Looking forward to seeing this completed (and please show more "in action" shots!). :)

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

so fun to see your process!