Saturday, May 14, 2011

Interview and Twin Petunias original mixed media painting by Polly Jones


I have had the nicest experience of being interviewed by Amber Cauley for her lovely blog Lighthearded Studios. You should check out her blog and Etsy shop here.












8" by 8" acrylic and mixed media on canvas. SOLD

I was pinching off dead petunias from an outside basket when off popped this little branch. After putting them in a vase, to my surprise, I realized they were quite wonderful. I have never given petunias a lot of credit, it seems. Mixed in with the paint is text from a very old dictionary and a small piece of map. The text included bits about Gemini, the twin and some words about flower buds. I promise these were just random pieces that I happened to pick up and yet they fit so beautifully!

1 comment:

kara rane said...

hi Polly-
L♡ve this* and currently working on my newest drawing for Gemini. fun.