Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Ginger Jar original mixed media painting by Polly Jones


4" by 12" acrylic and mixed media on gallery wrapped canvas. SOLD

This size of canvas was an impulse buy at Michaels. I must say it was fun to compose in this shape for a change of pace. Okay, question....what would you do with the edges. I usually have the 1 and 3/8" edge white but sometimes paint them black. Do you have opinions about this? Maybe you prefer standard canvas width which is about 3/4".

This painting and about fifteen or so more will be in an exhibit at The River Oaks Gallery, Abilene Frame and Art, in Abilene,Texas. I'm so excited! I'll be showing with Aaron Winters, a photographer, and Miles Mayfield who uses raku clay and mixed media. The opening reception is March 4th from 6:30 to 8:00 and I would LOVE to see you there.

1 comment:

LindaHunt said...

It's a great question and I will check back to see what others say. Personally, I prefer white edges it is just a little quirk of mine. I can see where you would want to paint the edge on this one black though.
Just a lovely painting. I really enjoy the long narrow canvas!