Tuesday, April 24, 2007

"Iris, Green Depression Glass" by Polly Jones



I am taking a break from my daily paintings and am not posting on the Daily Painters Blog for a while. Doing smaller work has been a lot of fun and a good way to learn. Occasionally I will return to this small format. It's a bit hard to let go of the structure of the daily painting challenge. Right now, however, I am longing to return to larger work that I can develope over a period of time. An art works inner relationships must evolve, and I seem to require a little brooding time over a piece. Hopefully, I will have learned some about moving on and not over working paintings from the daily process that I began in October. So...I will be trying to post different stages in the developement of these new paintings.

Irises are blooming great around here this spring. The white ones came first and just as soon as they faded, the purple ones have take up the slack. I've used a 12" by 12" stretched canvas with a 1 and 3/8" profile for the surface. It is done with acrylics. SOLD

No comments: